Advertisements displayed to you when you use our Service and elsewhere may be customized and targeted to your interests and preferences based on your information collected through our Service.
If you have any questions about our privacy practices, please contact us.
We collect information from you, which may include personal information, when you:
- subscribe to one of our online newsletters,
- download and register to use one of our Apps or other Services;
- apply to be a site expert, editor, contributor, writer, or other type of FanSided content provider, as well as any job opportunity;
- submit content to or through the Service including through comments,
- respond to one of our polls, surveys, votes, rankings or by otherwise expressing an opinion;
- play games and take quizzes;
- participate in one of our online forums or communities;
- enter into a contest, sweepstakes, or other promotion;
- purchase, return, or exchange products, swag, or tickets offered through the Service;
- browse and review our products and swag.
Some of the information we request from you is required in order for you to use our Service. If you do not wish to provide such information to us, you are not obligated to, but as a result you may not be able to use the particular Service or certain features. However, some of the personal information we request from you is optional. This means that you can elect not to provide it to us and you will still be able to use the Service.
The types of information that may be collected at these pages and elsewhere include but are not limited to:
- Contact data including your first and last name, e-mail address, postal address, phone number, and other similar contact data.
- Credentials such as passwords, password hints, and similar security information for authentication and account access.
- Demographic information such as your age, birthdate, gender, and country.
- Payment data such as your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number) and the security code associated with your payment instrument, billing information including your name and address. We collect this data in order to process your payments for purchases, fulfill your requests for refunds, returns, or exchanges, and process the redemption of discounts.
- If applicable, your username, interests, favorites, and other profile data.
- The content of messages you send to us, such as feedback, suggestions, comments, or questions and any information you provide to customer support. We also collect the content of your communications as necessary to provide you with the services you use. For example, if you chat with another user through the Service, we need to collect the content of that chat to display it to you and the other user as you direct.
- Data that you may send us in order to consider you for a job opening, or a content providing position including writer, site expert, or editor if you submit an application to us, such as contact, your employment history, transcript, writing samples, references, interests, and other information.
- Service Use Data. We collect data about the features you use, the pages you visit, the e-mails and advertisements you view, the products you purchase, the time of day you browse, the videos you view, your referring and exiting pages, and other similar information.
- Device Connectivity and Configuration Data. We collect data about the type of device or browser you use, your device’s operating software, your internet service provider, your device’s regional and language settings, and other similar information. This data also includes IP address, MAC address, device advertising ID (e.g., IDFA or AAID), and other device identifiers.
- Mobile Device IDs and Location-Based Information. Certain mobile devices, including smart phones and tablet devices, contain unique device IDs that can be used to identify their physical location. Some mobile device IDs are persistent, while others may be resettable by accessing the device’s privacy settings. Mobile devices also typically transmit caller ID data (which may include a phone number) when used to transmit a telephone call or text message. When you use mobile devices to access our Services, we may collect and transmit unique device IDs and collect caller ID data, as well as other information about your device, including without limitation, your wireless carrier, the make, model, operating system, capacity and settings of your device, the names, package IDs and versions of other software you have downloaded to your device and information about how you interact with and navigate within our Service. With your consent, we or our authorized service providers and partners also may use precise geolocation technology such as GPS or Wi-Fi triangulation or mobile Bluetooth beacon technology to collect information about the exact location of your mobile device. Precise location information may be collected both while you are using one of our mobile applications and continuously over time while our apps are not in use but are running in the background of your device.